Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Review of The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas


Title/Author: The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy #2) by Sherry Thomas
Publisher/Date published: Balzer + Bray, September 16th 2014
How I got this book: received it from the publisher as an egalley
Buy this book at: The Book Depository

Goodreads summary: After spending the summer away from each other, Titus and Iolanthe (still disguised as Archer Fairfax) are eager to return to Eton College to resume their training to fight the Bane. Although no longer bound to Titus by a blood oath, Iolanthe is more committed than ever to fulfilling her destiny — especially with the agents of Atlantis quickly closing in.

Soon after arriving at school, though, Titus makes a shocking discovery, one that makes him question everything he previously believed about their mission. Faced with this devastating realization, Iolanthe is forced to come to terms with her new role, while Titus must choose between following his mother's prophecies — and forging a divergent path to an unknowable future.

***WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR FIRST BOOK IN THE SERIES***

So I totally adored The Burning Sky, which made me go THIS BOOK. Which is very high praise. Imagine my excitement when The Perilous Sea popped up on Edelweiss, there was ALL THE EXCITEMENT.

And I did very much enjoy The Perilous Sea, this is very much my kind of fantasy world and the characters are still awesome. Though it was a bit harder for me to get into The Perilous Sea than it was with The Burning Sky. I was slightly confused by the beginning with all the travelling that I'm still not sure entirely how that happened, can someone who's read it please tell me if it's just me? But then Iolanthe and Titus make it back to school and all is well. Except it's not and MAYHEM and DANGER and OMG WHAT EVEN IS HAPPENING??

Basically, what I'm saying is that it took me awhile to emerse myself in Sherry Thomas' storytelling again, but once I did, it was awesome. Though I'm slightly sad that we didn't get to see more of the Crucible world, that is seriously fascinating. And Iolanthe and Titus had DRAMA and I was like JUST COMMUNICATE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? GO BACK TO THE KISSING!! Because obviously these two are made for each other and should really just listen to my advice, ok?

Towards the end, things got REALLY exciting and OMG I CANNOT WAIT for the next book in the series! There was this AMAZING twist and it broke my heart and OMG, I just need to know what happens next NOW!

My rating: 4,5 stars

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I had the same thing, it was SO hard to get back into the story, but the feeeeeeeeeeels man. Next year, when the next one comes out, I'm going to have to reread the series beforehand so I can have the full effect :)

    ReplyDelete