Sunday, January 27, 2013

Daisy Update (31)


Hi guys!

It's been a kinda busy week, but the good kind of busy :)

Last Sunday I had dinner with some of my friends from high school and it was really nice! I hadn't seen one of them in months, so it was nice to catch up and hear what everyone's been doing. Unfortunately it was snowing again so I couldn't stay all that long after dinner cause I needed to drive back, which took over an hour.

Wednesday I had my day off and because the boyfriend was preparing for the defense of his thesis on Thursday, I kept myself busy by baking a New York Cheesecake, which is SO GOOD! Even though it takes HOURS, it was totally worth it, I'd never had it before and I'm really happy with how it turned out!

Thursday the boyfriend defended his thesis and he got a really good grade on it and now he's DONE! YAY! I'm so proud of him for graduating for the second time! He's officially graduating in March :) That night we had dinner with his parents to celebrate and we went to a tapas restaurant. I LOVE tapas! YUM!

Friday is always a slightly crazy day at work cause it seems there are a lot more people coming into the ER than on other days and I had a really sick patient to take care of. So I worked late and was just exhausted when I got home. We had dinner and then I fell asleep on the couch. I felt like a horrible girlfriend...

Yesterday was pretty relaxing cause I didn't have to do much of anything during the day. It was kinda annoying that I woke up at 7.15AM, but I got a lot of relaxing time in that way ;) I read, caught up on blogging and watched a Grey's Anatomy episode, I can't believe I'm 7 episodes behind!! Seriously! With all the hospital drama I see when I'm working, I've sort of been avoiding watching it during my time off I guess.

Then yesterday night we went to see a band play and it was awesome! The boyfriend has known one of the guys in the band since elementary school and has always remained friends with him, we've been to see them a couple of times before and it's amazing to see how far they've come since the first time I've seen them perform!

Today I'll probably be doing some more relaxing, blogging, reading, being excited that it's FINALLY not freezing anymore and that the rain is washing away all the icky snow, hooray!
I hope you all have a great week!!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to your boyfriend!
    New York cheescakes are a pain to make but they are so much better than any other kind of cheesecake.

    The snow is washing away here too, finally. It was making my journey to work very awkward. Enjoy your Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      And yeah, it's the best kind of cheesecake :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats to Le Boyfriend!!
    (I was so glad my college didn't require you write up a thesis to graduate, you just had to take seminars).

    And Oh, snow, I know it's not your fave thing in the world. Here it was been kinda cold still!! and my mom drops me off at work at 7:30 (even when I don't have class until 8:30 or 9) so it's really cold!! LOL

    Hope things are a little warmed this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Mine did have something similar to a thesis, but it didn't require anything as big as what he did.
      I hope things get a little warmer for you too! I wish winter would just end...

      Delete
  3. Congrats to your boyfriend, that's fantastic! And kudos to you for making a real cheesecake! I've always been too intimidated to try that.

    I can totally understand not really wanting to watch a hospital show if you already spend a lot of time working in a hospital, lol! But what about a comedy, like Scrubs? I miss Scrubs, I should rewatch it all soon...

    Anyways have a great week Daisy and enjoy the slightly not-freezing weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      And it wasn't all that hard, I had a pretty straight forward recipe for it :)
      Watching Scrubs is a good idea! I've never watched it regularly, but it's so funny! :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to your boyfriend on his graduation! And hello New York Cheesecake - I love sweets and cakes and that's one of my favorites <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      If you ever make it over here, I will make you ALL THE CHEESECAKE! :)

      Delete