Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Debut Author Challenge 2013


I really missed participating in the Debut Author Challenge this year! In 2013 it's going to be hosted by Tara @ Hobbitsies and I'm really excited to be joining in again! I love supporting debut authors and discovering new ones to fangirl over is always fun :)

Also, how cute is that button designed by my amazingly talented friend Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl??? I love it!

Details about the challenge can be found here and a Goodreads list of YA and MG debuts of 2013 here.

So, without further ado, here are the books I'm already pining for to read towards this challenge:

1. Taken by Erin Bowman
2. Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans: this book sounds awesome and Lenore is such a nice person!
3. Dualed by Elsie Chapman
4. Pivot Points by Kasie West
5. Splintered by A.G. Howard: a retelling of Alice in Wonderland?? COUNT ME IN!
6. Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
7. Prophecy by Ellen Oh
8. The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar
9. The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell: pitched as Tamora Pierce meets George R.R. Martin: YES PLEASE!
10. The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings
11. Poison by Bridget Zinn
12. Strand of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson: I was SO creeped out by the tale of Bluebeard as a child, I think I didn't sleep for a week. MUST READ THIS RETELLING.
13. Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield
14. Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley
15. Truth or Dare by Jacqueline Green
16. Cinders & Sapphires by Leila Rasheed
17. Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn
18. Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland: FURIES!
19. Belle Epoque by Elizabeth Ross
20. The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan

Yeah, I don't really think I'll have a problem getting to 12 read of these... I'll probably be adding more to the list as 2013 progresses.. Some I've pre-ordered, some I was lucky enough to receive as an egalley, EXCITEMENT!

Any of you joining in as well?

1 comment:

  1. You know, I have never gotten to do this challenge and after all that crap going on with That Site that used to host it, I never felt inclined to really join, but I do want to read some of the books from the list, so I think I might pick it up for 2013 :D

    ReplyDelete