Sunday, December 4, 2011

Daisy Update

I finally took the leap and decided to make this blog a little more personal. Cause, you know, I'm so interesting and all ;)

You may know I'm a med student and now I can officially say I'm in the final stages of this part of my education. I am having a little break right now from interning, because the scientific research internship I had ended 4 weeks ago and I won't start the next one until January. Which means that right now I'm working 20 hours a week as an administrative assistant (which is a fancy name for typing out letters the doctors record on a tape ;) ), cause I need to somehow pay for important things like food, clothes and books!

I am kind of enjoying working part time! But, as of January I will again be interning 50-60 hours a week for another 3 months and then I'm DONE! Which is very exciting, cause then I get to WORK and be all grown-up and all that. Basically I'm tired of having to constantly ask someone else to prescribe the meds for my patients and fun things like that.



Some Dutch culture added in: in Holland we celebrate 'Sinterklaas', which is basically like Santa Claus, but with politically incorrect helpers/minions (whichever you prefer) as pictured above. We always have a sort of Secret Santa for this with my boyfriend's family and that will be this afternoon. I already got the presents, now all I need to do is write the poem to go with it. And then there'll be lots of food :D

While shopping for the presents for this, I bought WAY too much stuff for myself: 3 dvds, A Discovery of Witches, 2 necklaces (cause I can really wear them at the same time..), new black boots, jeans, grey pumps and two belts. That is on top of the four dresses, cardigan and sparkly grey top I bought in the last two weeks. And ALL the books I bought.

As for a bookish update: I read and loved Hallowed by Cynthia Hand, it was full of sadness, but amazing. And if you're into clean romance/historical romance, you should DEFINITELY read The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley, it was AMAZING! I think my review will be up somewhere this or next week.
Right now, I'm reading Jane Austen Made Me Do It, which is a collection of short stories and I'm loving some and not so loving others, but it makes my romantic little heart happy :)

I hope you all have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting near the end. Quite an achievement.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you're adding a more personal aspect to your blog Daisy! Even though I am constantly talking to you on Twitter, it's always nice to hear more about you. Congratulations on almost being done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love the update! I always end up buying myself things while on the hunt for other people. I figure, if I'm out doing all this work, I deserve a reward for it! I'm definitely going to look for The Rose Garden. I love clean historical romance! And I have a netgalley of Jane Austen Made Me Do It waiting a little ways down on my reading schedule. I'm excited to hear what you think of it!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete