Sunday, March 13, 2011

In My Mailbox (3)



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I LOVE seeing what everybody else got and adding new books to my to-read list because of it!

So, this is not as massive as the last time (but that was due to multiple book sales), I got some amazing books over the last 3 weeks.

BOUGHT
The one I'm most excited about, as I've waited a year and half for it to come out, I'm already reading it:


The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss: isn't it PRETTY!! I absolutely love the cover and did happy dances when it got here. It's also huge. I'm still weighing the merit of taking it with me everywhere against shoulder/back troubles. Seriously, my purse would probably tear if I put it in there.



Dutch version of The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco: this is supposed to be a must-read, so I picked it up on sale at my grocery store (I so love it when they have books on sale there).
Entangled by Cat Clarke: I fell in love with the cover, hope the book lives up to it!


WON
OH MY GOSH, I WON BOOKS!!! Seriously, I never win stuff, so I was SOOO excited when I got these!


Hard Times by Charles Dickens: I got this one from Sarah at The Book Bee, thank you so, so much!
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: got it from Liz at Midnight Bloom, THANK YOU!! I've heard great things about this book and I'm gonna read it soon! Also, this one is SIGNED:


YAY! I've never owned a signed book before, I'm so excited!


eGalleys FOR REVIEW:



Die For Me by Amy Plum: I absolutely love the new cover!!
Mercy by Rebecca Lim
The Devil's Temptress by Laura Navarre
: I've actually already read this, the review will be up soon.



Guarding a Notorious Lady by Olivia Parker
Bumped by Megan McCafferty
: OMG, I got approved for Bumped!! I'm so excited, I've been pining for this book for months.
The Royal Treatment by Linsey Leavitt: sequel to Princess for Hire, which I haven't read yet, but have been trying to get my hands on desperately.



Hereafter by Tara Hudson
The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
: I've been pining for this one for months as well, really excited to get to it!



A Tale of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine
Girl Wonder by Alexa Martin
The Dark of the Moon by Tracy Barrett


A huge THANK YOU to all publishers!

So this is my 3 weeks worth of books, I'm actually really proud of myself for not buying more than 3 books :) Don't you think YA as a group has the best covers?? They're all so pretty.
What did you get in your mailbox?

10 comments:

  1. so lucky!
    I've never won books either!
    How'd you do that?
    so jealous! :-)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those books look amazing and congratulations on the signed book. I am glad that the Hard times has made it to you and I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great books. Congrats on the signed City of Bones! I really want to read Royal Treatment.
    New follower!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love winning books. It's the greatest thing ever. :-) Looks like you got a lot of good reads!
    Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous mailbox!! I have quite a few of these on my list to read! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my IMM, I'm so glad you enjoyed Delirium too! Wow- you've got a fantastic haul this week. I really want to read Entangled and the covers for Hereafter and Starcrossed are stunning. Enjoy :)

    P.S I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lots of awesome books!
    I think I've read Olivia Parker before... I think her debut novel, it was quite enjoyable. I also got some of the egalleys yo got and I'm SO excited.

    LOL

    Oh, and the Name of the Rose is awesome! hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for dropping by, Daisy!
    Nope, I haven't read Uncle Tom's Cabin before.
    But I heard a lot about it. That what triggered my curiosity. I've read that it was even banned.
    Just couldn't let it pass unread.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got a lot of awesome books!

    I LOVE Patrick Rothfuss, I hope you're enjoying The Wise Man's Fear. I already can't wait for book #3!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I'm so glad to see that City of Bones arrived safe and sound!! :)

    ReplyDelete