Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday



Hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Most Intimidating Books:

1. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy: this book scared me before I read it because I heard other people just got stuck. Rereading it still scares me.

2. The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan: the sheer vastness of this whole series scares me. And on top of that I couldn't get used to the writing style and story, but maybe I'll have to try again someday, cause I've heard such great things about it.

3. The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett: again, it's the size, but I'm currently reading this one and LOVE it. It's actually a fast read.

4. The Count of Monte Christo by Alexandre Dumas, or actually anything by him. They're such epic tales and I'm afraid I won't enjoy them properly.

5. The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel: my grandmother loved it and I'm afraid of not liking it because of that.

6. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult: I've heard it's incredibly sad, so I'm a bit anxious about reading it.

7. The Iliad by Homer: will I make it through the language?

8. East of Eden by John Steinbeck: another fat book, besides I've heard you either love or hate Steinbeck and I've never read anything by him before.

9. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: this one is so well loved by a lot of people I know, it gets intimidating.

10. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova: before I read it, the size of it intimidated me. Not anymore, I'm really glad I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment